Act 150 provides supports and services to people living in their own homes. Services include — but are not limited to — bathing, toileting, and dressing. All supports and services are designed to allow individuals to stay in their own homes instead of living in nursing homes; ensure safety; and help individuals to live as independently as possible within the community.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• Must be a resident of Pennsylvania.
• Must meet the criteria for a skilled nursing facility.
• Must be between the ages of 18 and 59.
• Must be capable of hiring, firing and supervising attendant care worker(s), and managing one’s own financial and legal affairs.
• Must have a medically determined physical impairment that is expected to last 12 months or more, or that may result in death.
• Must be found in need of basic services based on the completion of an assessment.
• An individual does not meet the financial requirements necessary to receive waiver services.
• An individual may have a minimal co-payment, based on the individual’s income that will not be more than the total cost of services.
Services that may be available to you include:
View the Current Act 150 Guidelines
SERVICES THAT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE INCLUDE: Health Services
• Skilled nursing service
• Personal assistance service Other Services
• Personal emergency response system (PERS) — an electronic device which allows ACT 150 participants the ability to secure help in an emergency
• Service coordination
• Financial management services (FMS)
* Services provided are based on assessed needs.
The Lehigh/Capital Zone – Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, Perry, and York.
The Northeast Zone – Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkyll, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne, and Wyoming.
The Northwest Zone – Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, and Warren.
Southeast Zone- Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia
Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, Westmoreland